- Don’t hide who you are. The “From” and “Reply-To” fields should accurately identify you or your business. The recipients should know exactly who sent the email.
- Be honest. Your subject line should reflect the content you are sending. The language in the CAN-SPAM Act is loose on this one, but to be safe try not to mislead your recipients.
- Label advertisements. If you’re sending an ad, be sure to state it somewhere in the email. The FTC wants to be sure anyone receiving an email knows what they’re getting.
- Get physical. Your messages must have your business’ physical address (or P.O. box) clearly visible. The customers you’re contacting should know where to find you.
- Say goodbye. Be sure you have an unsubscribe option within your email. Recipients should be able to easily opt-out of receiving your emails. If they do say goodbye, make sure you honor their request within 10 business days.
For more information on this subject, give us a call at 925-672-4800 and we will gladly do our best to answer your questions. You can also visit our website at www.globalfitnessassociation.com/info for more information.